About Tweeddale Motors
Tweeddale Motors is jointly owned by Norman and Linda Hopkirk. Norman oversees the reception and parts department along with his son Kris. Linda and Helen Keay handle the day-to-day running of accounts with Linda also keeping everyone on their toes.
Moving into the workshop, Leckie Smith our longest serving mechanic working with John Hopkins. Both are MOT testers. Stephen Melrose is the newest addition to the workshop and is our final Mechanic. Next we have Tom Doc who helps out with tyres and workshop duties and is a general handyman.
We now come to the last member of the workshop and that is Andrew Moffat, known as Moff. Moff is our tyre fitter. He is well known for his tea making. Both Moff and Stevie are into home baking and often talk and swop baking tips at break times!!
This picture was taken in 1939 and shows Robert (Bob) Emond in the old Tweeddale workshop. Bob was the workshop foreman for many years and retired in 1970. His son Robert served his time at the Tweeddale and is now a mechanic for Scottish Borders Council.
We are a third generation family-run buisness, and have served the motoring needs of the Tweeddale district for over 80 years. We were Rover main dealers for over 50 years. Recently we were main dealers for Daihatsu. We are now fully independent and carry out all makes service and repairs.